Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Trippin' 'Round the 'Sphere - 2/28/06 Edition

Who says Christians can't be rough 'n tumble athletes? Christianity is Jewish talks about the original trash talker in a little OT competition. Just be sure to choose the winning side.
...

In a nutshell, are our priorities right? Key quote: "I’m not complaining; we prioritize within the means we have, and we are always trying to look for ways to make our material lives fit our spiritual ideals. All I ask conservatives — all conservatives — to do is to rethink in a serious way whether the various ways we live today are consistent with what we say we value as conservatives, especially with regard to the integrity of our families.." (HT: Fraters Libertas.)
...

Caveat emptor applies, but the Theology wiki could be interesting. (HT: Tim Challies.)
...

There are few things about which I am more passionate than Right to Life causes. I know there are others who disagree. What I would wish, though, is that we can all agree that the parents should be making any decisions about removing life support from ill children, not doctors. Apparently, that wish is not to be fulfilled everywhere. Doctors and judges have NO right to tell parents their child must die when the parents want to continue the fight for life. Unfortunately, down the proverbial slippery slope of right to die cases we find "duty to kill" cases, where doctors or government bureaucrats get to play God and decide whether some lives are worth living, or whether society's interests are best served by killing the weak among us.

And I am completely baffled how we got to the point where we see children as ruining one's life.
...

So, thought all the rules were in the Old Testament? Think again. (HT: Adrian Warnock.)
...

God or Not is up for the week (topic is "Truth") at Kingdom of Heathen. Go. Read. Participate. And tomorrow (um, Wednesday), look for Christian Carnival at Demosthenes.
...

Conservatives are happier than liberals? Sounds about right. Perhaps it's because conservatives are more likely to recognize that reality means a disconnect between two of liberalism's favored icons. Or, perhaps this disconnect. Come to think of it, modern liberalism is a study in contradictory beliefs (there's a blog post in there, I'm sure, about how liberals hate the Iraq war, and tend to side with Islamists, although Islamists seem to stand for everything that's anathema to liberals: oppression of women, brutality towards homosexuals, religious preeminence, etc.)

I'm not sure I'd equate conservativism with being a Republican, though, as I'm the former but not the latter.
...

So, I'm doing the dishes this evening, cleaning the house (you know, all that oppression of women thing us patriarchal conservatives are into) and I kept thinking about how Ben Witherington was, once again, bringing clarity into a controversial topic: women keeping silent in church. Read into the comments. Very good stuff.
...

I don't know whether this is good or bad. Another childhood favorite being redone by the Sci Fi channel. We'll have to wait and see.
...

Hmmm...long trip tonight. I blame it all on the last few days. Seems a bunch o' good stuff was posted. Keep it up!

God bless!

1 comment:

cwv warrior said...

Ya know, I can't keep up with the pace of blogging, I have found. I hope you find this outdated comment. Thanks for the plug. I totally admire your patience and diligence in searching for morsels of your liking! I must get out more!