Thursday, February 23, 2006

Trippin' 'Round the 'Sphere - 2/23/06 Edition

Yippee!
You Passed the US Citizenship Test

Congratulations - you got 10 out of 10 correct!

(HT: Rebecca Writes.)
...

People often wonder why I don't come right out and jump on the latest "rip someone a new one" bandwagon. The reason is things like this, which points out the folly of taking talking points and running with them before all the evidence is on the table. It's reasonable to assume, for instance, that a maniac who'd used WMD before may be somewhat sneaky with what he's doing now - and that the long buildup to war would have given him ample opportunity to ditch the bad stuff for a while. Seeing as it's reasonable, and since we still hear occassional bits and pieces hinting that Syria may have been a good hiding place for things Mr. Hussein didn't want us to find, and I have a hard time jumping on the "Bush lied!" bandwagon. Maybe true, maybe false, but I'm witholding judgment until more facts are known. See also, UAE port scandal. When cooler heads prevail, and we wait for more evidence, we can discuss things more effectively, no?

*Note: this political aside doesn't mean I'm against decisive action or judgment when necessary. But some things do take time to get to the bottom of. Jumping to a conclusion too early leaves one open to ridicule and embarrasement if the conclusion turns out to be wrong. Just a friendly warning.
...

This is cool. Now if only I could get a home tornado kit I'd be set. (HT: Blogotional.)
...

I am going out on a limb, albeit a rather short one, thinking my wife wouldn't agree with all the analysis in this article. Question for the readers of this humble blog: does Ms. Hirshman have a good grasp of priorities and values? Or does she place far too much value on economic value and the amount of housework at the expense of things more important? (And yes, I realize I'm biasing the question - but I'm not pretending this is a formal poll either.)
...

For some fun, a while back I posted an avatar to give people an idea of what I look like. Well, thanks to some fellow MOB-sters I have a couple more for you. Keep mixing/mashing all these together and you may (or may not) come closer to understanding why yours truly doesn't publish photos of himself.


(HT: Freedom Dogs.)


(HT: Fraters Libertas.)

*Please note that any such amusing avatar generators lack precision. However, the South Park one captures the essence of my 'do better.

God bless!

No comments: