Friday, January 06, 2006

Trippin' 'Round the 'Sphere - 1/6/06 Edition

Been an interesting day or two of late, so more stuff I found interesting for ya.

Fraters Libertas (again) points out MSM foibles. I'm with them at the end of the post:

"UPDATE: At this hour, the editors may be lost in blissful slumber, but the academic apologists for the paper never rest. From the Star Tribune article on the tribulations and upcoming trials of MDE, this from U of M professor Jane Kirtley:

'Bloggers, by their very nature, are not expected to adhere to the same standards of accuracy that those in the mainstream media would be.'

I think I'll take that as a compliment."

Amen.
...

Soon, very soon, everything I need will be available in a phone. This is very close. If anyone feels obligated to get me one so I can blog from anywhere, please email me and I'll tell you how to get it to me. (HT: La Shawn Barber.)
...

The reason I'm reduced to asking others to send me a Treo is because I'm not as brilliant as some people in the world. (HT: Mary Ham and Hugh Hewitt.)
...

Of course, I'm "brilliant enough" to enjoy a good blonde joke. (And contra Rebecca, we do now have blonde jokes in Minnesota - we imported them from Iowa since the alternative was importing Iowans.)
...

Is it wrong to laugh very hard at this?
...

In serious news, this piece by Michelle Malkin is sad. That's a judge in need of a new gig. This, by Mark Steyn, is interesting. Related to the Roe Effect theory - demographics and birthrates matter.
...

Some searches that brought people here (and yes, I've been looking for interesting/odd/funny searches that bring people to NBB, but until now I haven't found anything even borderline.)

  • how to deal with evil people (this assumes they exist)

  • do evil people really exist? (ah, let's flip the cart/horse around)
  • what are the 2 purposes of marriage (only 2?)

  • marriage sex control blog husband (see - sex, control, blog - three purposes of marriage)

  • "2nd marriage"+wills (2nd marriages come from believing the previous comment)

  • NBB+fashion (hmmm...not posting pix obviously misleads people into thinking I know something about fashion)

  • debt blogspot (isn't blogspot free?)


Okay, not all funny (or any at all...but these were the first ones that struck me as interesting ways to find NBB.)
...

And, finally, looks like I'm an acceptable source of theological information:
You scored as Chalcedon compliant. You are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.

Chalcedon compliant

100%

Nestorianism

42%

Modalism

33%

Pelagianism

33%

Monophysitism

33%

Apollanarian

8%

Arianism

0%

Adoptionist

0%

Docetism

0%

Donatism

0%

Albigensianism

0%

Monarchianism

0%

Gnosticism

0%

Socinianism

0%

Are you a heretic?
created with QuizFarm.com

(HT: Chris, aka the heretic.)

God bless!

No comments: