Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Trippin' 'Round the 'Sphere - 1/4/06 Edition

I recently saw polls showing that despite his recent struggles, President Bush was still out-polling Congress. Why? Because they get caught up in stupid stuff. Okay, not all politicians are scum - there are quite a few good ones out there, and I'm a politicial junky. But, am I too idealistic for the hobby? Maybe...just maybe politicians should just avoid lobbyists at all? Please?
...

Christian Carnival is up at Miserere Mei. Lotsa good stuff.
...

Interesting, though I've yet to go further than than this editorial on the story. Oddly, I'm not seeing much on it (HT: Christianity Is Jewish.)
...

Nominations please for MOBster of the Year. I'll be making my nomination soon, but for now it's a secret. Shhhh.
...

My first degree was in Communication, and I worked at a college newspaper. So, I understand a bit how the media work nowadays. But no, I'm not a pro reporter. That being said, the WV miner story was horribly blown and we need to evaluate how much pressure we put on media outlets to get things first instead of getting things right (see, too, Katrina coverage). Most importantly, there are a number of families who need our prayers right now.
...

Ed has a new venture wherein he'll take us through his journey through scripture. Considering the quality of Attention Span, I think this one'll be a daily read for me too.
...

Um, I know it's a litigious time, but aren't there some topics best left to the historians?
...

Congrats to Mark Lauterbach at The Gospel Driven Life for receiving the last 2005 Warnie.
...

Congrats to all the Weblog winners for 2005 too. (Sorry Catez, I voted for ya!). Congrats especially to Evangelical Outpost for taking the prize in the "Best Religious Blog" category.
...

A new contest for you. The Great American Think-Off is a philosophy contest hosted right here in Minnesota. It's grown each year, and this year's question is quite appropriate: "Which is More Valuable to Society: Safety or Freedom?" Rules/info are at the site linked above. (The Pioneer Press is also holding a contest to design the local pro sports teams' jerseys, but since I'm inartistic (is that a word?) I won't highlight it here.)
...

Happy (late - sorry!) to Wayne. I pray for (at least) 43 more good years for you!
...

We have two cats, and I suddenly understand them better (warning: some mild language - just for the sensitive among you. HT: Hugh Hewitt.)

God bless!

No comments: