Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Trippin' 'Round the 'Sphere - 1/11/06 Edition

Christian Carnival is up at Random Responses. Befitting the host's blogging philosophy, the organization is random. Twenty-nine folks entered, so the reading list is lighter than some past carnivals. All the better to remove an excuse to read them all! If you want a couple of recommendations, I like The Common Room's look at doing right because we must (not because it makes us happy) and Early Riser's take on intellectual honesty when talking about controversial subjects.
...

Another God or Not carnival is coming up, this one hosted at Back of the Envelope. Deadline for entries is this Friday, and the topic is Scriptural Literalism. Take this opportunity to dialogue with people of a different perspective. Instructions and background (including links to earlier carnivals) found at the first link above.
...

Anyone living in Minnesota needs to read this (warning, some mild language issues.) Fortunately, we have cleaner air, which is leading to faster global warming (registration required), so maybe the advice will no longer be necessary in the near future. (Note: global warming comment is included only to get the linked piece into this paragraph in a manner that I liked - it is not meant to be indicative of anything I actually believe/disbelieve on the topic of GW.)
...

Guess I have to stop calling myself an Evangelical and start calling myself a Fundamentalist. Drat. I was soooo keen on avoiding being lumped in with all those ultra-right-wing-wacko-nutcase-fringe-extremists the MSM describes in increasingly alarming terms. Seriously folks...can we get an agreed-upon definition of things for everyone commenting on various religious philosophies so I know what label to stick on myself?
...

I don't normally comment on Islam in this blog, but Wayne and Mark Steyn have both recently wrote warnings that I think are worth considering. We're heading for a culture clash, and things could get ugly all around very soon.
...

Can't argue with the linguists. Fake but accurate was the concept of '05. (HT: Blogotional.)
...

Finally, Ed talks about where our real hope is placed. As usual, good stuff, and quite apropos considering my recent posts regarding salvation - which is all about placing your hope (and faith) in the right person: Jesus Christ.

God bless!

2 comments:

qandablogger said...

To link me in the same sentence with Mark Steyn is a hugely undeserve honor. (Giant Butt Monkey coming, )But I belive your analysis is correct.
Thank you for the link.

Wayne
http://qandablog.typepad.com

R. Stewart said...

Ingraham fan? I think your "but monkey" is of a slightly different type than the ones she mocks:)