Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday Miscellany

Is it just me or is the Burger King character the creepiest thing on television today?

Minnesota isn't above electing a non-traditional politician, but (to plagiarize a few Hollywood types) if this guy's elected I'm moving. Heck, even California would look good.

I think The Minor Prophet's predictions about 2006 are much more likely than mine to come true. (HT: Bruce Harpel.)

My wife calls herself an ecologist to differentiate herself from the extemists in the environmental movement. But this blog doesn't belong to her (as far as I know.) The Evangelical Ecologist...good name for a blog. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

So we're working Awana Cubbies Wednesday night, and the teacher with story priviledge this week was asking the kids how we know the Bible is true. His daughter pointed to the flannelgraph pieces sitting next to him and said, "because those are there!" A new apologetic - we can trust the Bible because we have flannelgraphs! Whoo-hoo!

My wife left for India today, two weeks of teacher training and the like. For those of you keeping track at home, we have not ordered pizza or gone to McDonald's once! But I have been able to use FlightView to track her flight. VERY cool. Yeah, it's simple technology, but oh so very useful. As we speak she's at about 33,000 feet above the U.K., heading for Amsterdam. Those of you in the neighborhood, look up and wave hi. For the rest of you, please pray for a safe trip, and for a less than lonely two weeks on the homefront. Yeah, I'll be around people, and I have my daughters. Helps immensely, and a fortnight of bonding time isn't a bad thing. But those of you married folks out there, you know there's an acute feeling that you're not completely loneliness-free when the rest of you is far away.

God bless!

No comments: