Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Trippin' 'Round the 'Sphere - 12/6 Edition

So...lots happened in the five days since I last was around. In my effort to catch up, I found the following.

Rev Ed is hosting Christian Carnival this week. Get the entries in ASAP. [Update: Misread the God or Not entries elsewhere, so I'm correcting the info here:]In related carnival news, the God or Not carnival - to be held on 12/19 at The Goddess - is accepting entries through the week by 12/16 (if I read the directions correctly) on the topic of miracles morality. This week's God or Not (on miracles) is up at The Evangelical Atheist. (BTW, last week's lack of 'net access prevented me from mentioning that Cadmusings did a fine job with last week's Christian Carnival.)
...

Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. RazorsKiss!
...

Wizbang's 2005 Weblog awards are now open for voting. And Eric's Evangelical Blog Awards are still in need of nominations. I made mine (check the forum to see if you're there - and I tried to be balanced and so may not have nominated the same blog for multiple categories). Don't let the need for registration slow you down; it's relatively painless. And Adrian is seeking nominations for the last Warnie of 2005. My nomination? Rev Ed, of Attention Span fame. The guy just knows how to take the things of life and turn them into (often touching) applications of God's word. Post your own nominations and link back to Adrian.
...

Come one, come all to Keegan's Irish Pub on 12/17 for the next MOB get together. I am planning on attending so I can transfer my mail-order membership for an actual senior varsity membership. If you always wanted to know what I really look like, show up and let your curiosity be assuaged. Just don't blame me for any disappointment as any preconceived notions you may have about my appearance are bound to be too kind.
...

Can't think of what to buy me for Christmas? How about nothing on this list.
...

And finally, it's Narnia week. Lotsa links on the movie and C.S. Lewis, from Adrian to Catez to JollyBlogger to Stones Cry Out. I'm looking forward to the film with a great deal of excitement, especially after watching the nine minute trailer, but I fear Evangelicals may be expecting too much from the movie. Great story, likely a great movie. Just make sure we remember, it is a movie, and not intended to be a sermon in disguise. If you're interested in chatting about the story, Mark Lee has a book club post open for comments.
...

No comments: