Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Trippin' 'Round the 'Sphere - 11/16 Edition

Christian Carnival is up at Jordan's View. Early favorites include:

  • This post by Lyn Perry touches on the topic of Hell, promoting (if I read it correctly) an annihiliationist understanding. Appropriate topic as I'm working on a theology of salvation series, and I'll be posting on my view (hint: not the same as Lyn's) sometime soon.

  • Ed talks about something I used to find annoying - the plethora of people intentionally avoiding the use of the phrase "merry Christmas" in public. I've recently realized that if I say "merry Christmas" in response to "happy holidays!" nobody seems really offended, and 10 out of 10 people (in my experience) will return the merry Christmas greeting.

  • Alex Jordan also touches on Hell, in a post discussing how both Heaven and Hell are reflected in this world.


...

Nominations for the 2005 Evangelical Blog Awards are open at Evangelical Underground. Check out the categories, and nominate Northern 'burbs blog your favorite blog for whatever categories you find appropriate.
...

Eric also posts this on inspiration and inerrancy, something I touched on recently.
...

The Red Green Show is hilarious - but apparently soon to be no more. It will be missed - especially that episode where they talked about duct tape...you know, that one?
...

Cool...a MOB aggregator Apparently I need to write more linkable posts, though, since the Rollyo search doesn't include me in the top 25 MOB blogs. (Note to self: start posting controversial topics on politics and sex.)
...

Speaking of the MOB, there's a discussion going round on city life vs. suburban life. Having lived in South Minneapolis for 15 years, in St. Paul for 3, the hick woods of Wisconsin for 2 and the remainder of my 35+ years in the suburbs/exurbs, I can (from experience) say I much prefer the suburbs or exurbs. I get more for my money (a conservative financial position) than I would in the city - both from a value perspective and a safety perspective. I even named my blog after the suburbs. But if people choose to live in the city, that's their issue, and I have no qualms with it. Keeps more space and quiet available for me.
...

JollyBlogger adds to the salvation discussion. Excellent point about how salvation isn't simply to do with the eternal; there are very direct implications on earth which should drive us to additional humility. Even salvation isn't "all about us" - everything is "all about God." I hope to touch on this later in my series.
...

For Alice, I found this to be amusing. Wonder if this comic would fly in theSan Fran schools?
...

Tim Challie's got another giveaway. An outdoor (i.e. waterproof) Bible and another book are the prizes. Details and sign-up here:

November Giveaway

...

And finally...I know you've all been wondering, so yes I must confess: I'm really from Middle Earth.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim


To which race of Middle Earth do you belong?
brought to you by Quizilla


Gotta love the horsemen.

God bless!

No comments: