Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Trippin' 'Round the 'Sphere - 11/1 Edition

I've often thought humorists were better than "serious" commentators at making serious points. One of my favorites is Dave Barry, and this interview with him post-Katrina was very interesting.
...

Excellent sermon by Charles Spurgeon on substitutionary atonement. Consider this foreshadowing for an upcoming series if Ed has his way in the voting.
...

Speaking of the esteemed Reverend Ed, happy birthday to his little girl. This post was quite, well, familiar to me for some reason. And as a PK, I appreciated this post too. I commend it to all - it's not easy being in the family of a pastor - but I wouldn't have traded it for the world.
...

Having just watched the old BBC version, and reading the book with my five year old for the first time, I'm very much looking forward to the upcoming release of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in December. The 2nd trailer is out, and reminds me how much I want to visit New Zealand. (I hear that besides the scenery shown in TLtWatW, and LotR, there's a pretty good blogger down that way too - I missed Catez's commentary on Halloween in my earlier post.)
...

My secret is out.
...

I love this as I find it irritating to have to navigate VRU/IVU systems when calling a corporation.

God bless!

No comments: