Monday, November 28, 2005

Tag, I'm it!

Okay, Catez tagged me for another meme. Since I still feel guilty about my lack of posting last week, I take this as an opportunity to make up for things with a flurry of posts today! So, sans further ado, the seven sevens (and no, it's not a Seagram's-related drink.)


  • Seven things to do before I die:


    1. Learn Russian

    2. Learn a new instrument (haven't decided between guitar, bass, or piano)

    3. Travel to Ireland, Russia, Australia and New Zealand (LotR, Narnia films make that place look gorgeous, and hey, Catez lives there so it's gotta be cool, right?)

    4. Be a (winning) contestant on The Amazing Race

    5. Get a PhD or JD degree (I'm either a big fan of school, or a glutton for punishment)

    6. Have another six or seven decades' worth of birthdays

    7. Be the tool used by God to bring people to Him


  • Seven things I cannot do


    1. Speak Russian

    2. Truthfully claim to have been to Ireland, Russia, Australia or New Zealand

    3. Play guitar, piano or bass

    4. Hit a golf ball straight - unless I'm playing a dogleg that plays to my slice

    5. Figure out Lost

    6. Figure out why I needed five calculus classes for my C-Sci degree when I haven't used anything aside from algebra and boolean logic

    7. Avoid participating in blog memes when tagged


  • Seven things that attract me to [my spouse or significant other or best friend]


    1. Her sense of humor

    2. Her smile

    3. Her compassion

    4. Her creativity

    5. Her passion

    6. Her faith

    7. [Item deleted due to the possibility children may be reading this site]


  • Seven things I say most often


    1. "Actually..." (my five year old now says this too much too...guess they really do listen when we speak)

    2. [When watching movies] "That so wouldn't/couldn't really ever happen" (especially useful for scientifically incoherent films like Twister or The Day After Tomorrow)

    3. "Whatever"

    4. "Riiiiiight"

    5. "Nice!"

    6. "Huh. Who'da figured?"

    7. "I love you sweetheart" (to wife and daughters, throughout the day)


  • Seven books (or series) I love


    1. The Bible

    2. The Lord of the Rings trilogy, by J.R.R. Tolkien

    3. The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S. Lewis

    4. The Brothers Karamazov, but Fyodor Dostoevsky

    5. Lord of the Flies, by William Golding

    6. Moby-Dick, by Herman Melville

    7. Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
    8. (Only 7 for this category? Yikes!)

  • Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)


    1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy

    2. Casablanca

    3. The Princess Bride

    4. Schindler's List

    5. Star Wars, especially Empire (I'm a child of the 80's - sue me. And yes, I realize the writing is pure dreck, and the acting is subpar too often. Consider this the junk food on the list.)

    6. Twelve Angry Men

    7. White Christmas (since we're in the season...Danny Kaye is a highly underrated talent.)


  • Seven people I want to join in, too


    1. Anyone who wants to

    2. Anyone who is looking to fill space on his or her blog

    3. Anyone who is bored

    4. Anyone who hasn't done this meme yet

    5. Anyone who likes the number 7

    6. Anyone who hasn't posted a new blog entry in over a week

    7. Anyone who hasn't linked to, or commented on, this blog in the past week




There! All finished. Now, should I wait to post this until 7:07? Nah...have at it.

God bless!

No comments: