Monday, October 17, 2005

An Even Dozen

Twelve years ago yesterday I made one of the top five decisions of my life. The first four, of course, being to follow Christ:)

On October 16, 1993 I married my best friend. It's a trite cliche, too often, that we marry our best friends. I've seen too many marriages fail (though nowhere near the 50% number so often cited) to believe that it is a frequent enough occurrence. But in my case it is absolutely true. She is the proverbial ying to my yang, and such a perfect fit that the minister who married us (um...my Dad!) said nobody ever matched as well in his years of doing pre-marriage counseling assessments.

Mrs. Northern 'burbs is everything I could ask for, and much more. I married way over my head, and to complete the cliche-o-rama, I find the blessing of her to be evidence that God is generous and gracious. I certainly don't deserve a lifelong companion like her.

In lieu of a laundry list of the obvious (e.g. her beauty makes a sunset over a mountain lake surrounded by wildflowers look grotesque) I'll just say that I daily thank God for my wife, and I wish for nothing more on this earth than another (few) dozen years worshipping and working alongside her - and I look forward to an eternity of anniversaries spent glorifying God with my most precious gift this side of Christ Himself.

God bless you sweetheart!

(And the rest of you too!)

No comments: