Friday, September 02, 2005

Wrapping the Week

I don't know about you, but I really can't say anything above what's already been said about Katrina's aftermath other than please consider giving if you haven't. If you have, please pray. We can do much through prayer and giving even if we can't directly lend a hand to someone on the other side of the country.

Heading into the weekend, I anticipate the topic will remain the hurricane, and I encourage my readers here to explore the blogs of those who are providing an outlet to help those who need it most. I said my piece on it yesterday but will say again that I am confident in promoting the work of Samaritan's Purse. Mark Lee (of Third Day guitarist fame) is encouraging people to contribute to World Vision and offering an autographed Third Day CD for the first 25 to do so per the directions on his blog. I don't know how many he has left, but even if they're all gone, I'd heartily endorse World Vision too.

I'd also like to point out that the Christian Carnival is up at Crossroads. A lot of bloggers put some work into this, so if you need a break from hurricane fallout coverage, there are some good posts there to check out.

Finally, I am anticipating a new series coming up. Topic: Evil. I see many questions to discuss, from "why evil if there's a loving God?" to "how do we define evil?" Many more. I hope you'll come back to contribute to the conversation.

Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone.

God bless!

No comments: