Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Marriage: The Chatter

As I'm hoping to wrap up this series this week with a short chat on marriage myths (and a summary - ending it right on Friday) I thought I'd better point out what some other folks are saying, or blogging, about marriage. So, withouth further ado, here's some chatter from the 'sphere about my favorite human relationship.

The Adam Smith Institute's blog chimes in with a short post asking why government has a role in marriage in the first place.

World Magazine blog posted some information last fall on marriage statistics. As usual with World, the comments are interesting, and in this case have more to do with the way World got the information than the information itself.

The Happy Husband's entire blog is about marriage, and includes posts linking to other marriage posts on a weekly basis.

Dr. Mohler talks about something I mentioned earlier in the series: cohabitation raises the risks of marital problems.

Marriages Restored is a blog "about Redemption and Restoration Following Infidelity in Marriage." Knowing many couples who've suffered through infidelity, yet recoverd, I think there are too few of these types of blogs around.

There are many more. Googling "marriage" and "blog" provides over 4.5 million results. I can't recommend all of them, but if you're interested in marriage and for some reason my series alone doesn't do it for you (he says, knowing he left much, much, much stuff left unsaid and unaddressed) there's more out there. If you have favorite posts on the topic, please let me know in the comments below.

God bless!

No comments: