Thursday, July 07, 2005

Trippin' 'Round the 'Sphere - 7/7 Edition

After writing the novella that is yesterday's post, I'm not inclined to write anything in depth. So, let's just go trippin' around.
...

Pray for the victims of the attack in London. I can't understand at all the desperation or hatred that goes into such attacks. May God's glory be revealed in the aftermath, and may healing be quick.
...

Speaking of London, and yesterday's post, Adrian is okay - and he's extended the challenge deadline by a week. So, you can now write your own novella.
...

Rey at The Bible Archive has posted this week's Christian Carnival with a Jedi theme. Interesting choice, and being the SW geek I am, I found it an entertaining method of organizing the myriad posts. Some posts that have caught my eye to date:

A post at FunkyDung about cursing. Actually, more of a dialogue with the comments section, but it works well. Interesting takes on the topic from more than one person.

I'm a sucker for news like this from Allthings2all regarding the underground church in China. I love how God is working in the hearts of the oppressed - and it encourages me to hear of the faithful standing firm in the face of persecution. And over there, the persecution is real - over here, not so much (rare exceptions noted, of course.)

JC talks about faith vs. works - and notes that we can't "earn" salvation.

...

I found this beautiful post at Questions and Answers. Hopefully we don't need to suffer a similar loss to recognize the value of those extra five minutes.
...

No comments: