Thursday, June 09, 2005

I've been music tagged!

Alice has tagged me. Since I do love music, I thought I'd go ahead and respond to the questions. Plus...honestly, I'm having a dry spell in the blog-topic-inspiration area of late.

(And no, you don't have to point out that's been the obvious case since I started this experiment.)

Total volume of music files on my computer:

I have 663.8MB of music files in my iTunes at the moment, though will be adding more over time. That 663MB does include a couple of Monty Python and Bill Cosby sketches, though, so I guess the volume of music files is lower. (Pet Shop, by Monty Python, does lose quite a bit without the visual - but it's hilarious even in just the audio.)

The Last CD I bought was...

Almost There by Mercy Me.

Song Playing Right Now

Days of Elijah, by Robin Mark. With my iTunes shuffle, I'm sure the next song will be the theme from The Mummy. Eclectic, thy name is my musical tastes.

Five songs that move me

The original question was "Five songs I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me (in no particular order)" but Alice modified it. I like her version better, so that's the one I'm going with.


  • Amazing Grace. Amazing hymn. Heard it played as a bass solo at a Yes concert years ago, and it gave me chills. The bagpipes version played often at funerals is powerful too, but that could just be the Scot/Irish in me.

  • Thief, by Third Day. And no, this isn't just because I have Third Day guitarist Mark Lee on my blogroll. It's just a wonderful song of the perspective of the thief crucified next to Christ.

  • It's Your Love, by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. Yeah, I like country too. Sue me. This song is "our song" for my wife and I.

  • I Could Have Done More from Schindler's List, as played by The 12 Cellists of the Berlin Philharmonic. This was (IMO) the best soundtrack written by John Williams, and is a very stirring piece of music. Itzhak Perlman played the solo on the soundtrack, and his interpretation of the piece is brilliant.

  • A Violent Grace by Michael Card. Michael Card is one of a rare breed: an artist who strives for excellence and preaches its value. He is truly a poet musician. This song takes a slightly different - and absolutely theologically correct - view of grace.



(NOTE: Actually, the next song after Days of Elijah was a soundtrack piece: It is Done from The Passion of the Christ soundtrack - haunting stuff.)

Who are you Passing this on to?

Oh, I dunno...let's say Rev-ed and Kristen. The original question hinted at passing this to 5 people, but I'm going to minimize the risk that I discover how few readers I really have. (The irony here is that I generally deplore chain mail and never forward it on.)

No comments: