Thursday, May 26, 2005

Trippin' 'Round the 'Sphere - 5/26 Edition

Lots of catching up to do (I'm about caught up to where I was the last time I noted I was behind) and so little time in which to do it. Hopefully I'm not too late in pointing some of these out.
...

Christian Carnival is up at Techno Gypsy. Interesting theme: stories of the desert fathers. Sounds like some tales I need to check out. Anyhoo, great job organizing it!

Specific shout-outs to some posts I'd like to recommend (haven't read all 50+ yet, but give me time...):

Lance at Ragged Edges entered this post which raises a humdinger of a question. I'll have to contemplate a bit to see if I can come up with something. Of course, Lance also remarks that I live in the frozen north which was true as of three weeks ago, but the weather's nicer now.

Viewpoint came up with a timely post on free will. It's a topic that's come up a bit in email discussions I've had with a fellow contributor to Evangelical Update.

I'd love to be a writer. That's why this post from Brandywine books hits home.
...

The Vox Apologia theme for the week is "The Objections: Is Christianity Absurd?" Short answer, no. If I have time this weekend, I'll take a shot at the long answer.
...

For the politically minded among you, take a gander at Cross Blogging's symposium this week, which asks whether the Republican Senators surrendered with the filibuster deal. I'm not a registered Republican (having voted for folks in more than the 2 major parties in my lifetime) but I am anti-filibuster in any situation. I'll end my brief foray into politics here, thank you very much.
...

Amy posted this for the Christian Carnival, but I am putting it here just to point out the fact that in my house, I'm the one who gets to experience the grace of having to re-do my housecleaning handiwork multiple times per day. So, yes, even husbands can learn from the "Humble" housewives. I'm grateful for the many times 'round this here 'sphere that I do...
...

Does anyone else think these polls are a tad bit early? Didn't we just get through an election? Can't a fella get a break?
...

For those who I don't "see" here before Monday, have a good Memorial Day. The reason we have the freedom to blog nearly anything we want is because many men (including some in my family tree) fought for that freedom. Too many died. Let's not forget that over grilled 'burgers and a day off from work.

God bless!

No comments: