Monday, April 25, 2005

Miscellany

Please pray for this family often. As a father of two young children, I can't imagine anything worse.
...

Reminder for God-bloggers out there. I won't be able to make it, though there was for a time a chance I would. For those who can go, I'd love to hear a status report...
...

Why do we have a filibuster at all? I don't care for it as a matter of principle. If you don't want to stifle debate, then make sure everyone has time to argue. But if you don't have anything new to say other than "we don't like this legislation/nominee" then move along. That's not debating, nor is it allowing the representatives of the people to do their duty and vote. I'm with the 19 Democrats who wanted the practice ended in 1995. And thus ends a short toe-dip in the cesspool of politics:-)
...

Ah the joys of springtime in Minnesota. Our second softball game last evening was played in temps ~40 degrees. Fortunately I was able to avoid stinging my hands by hitting pathetically. I'd call it a mulligan, but we won both games and I don't want to relive the weather. 18 more games, plus playoffs and the State tournament. I LOVE this time of year.
...

You may notice little of interest here this week, or I may blog prolifically. Just giving fair warning I will be less predictable than my less-than-predictable self as I wrap up the last week of my Marketing class. I will be very glad to leave this course in my rearview mirror.
...

What's on my iTunes right now? The last five pieces have been, in order, Nicole Kidman (One Day I'll Fly Away) to Go Fish to Third Day to Placido Domingo to Bill Cosby. Eclecticism at its best, and I am working on increasing the playlist substantially. Something very fun about shifting gears every three minutes. And on that bit of information you probably never would have asked, I think I'll leave for today.

God bless!

No comments: