Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Trippin' 'Round the 'Sphere - 3/23 Edition

Christian Carnival is up at A Nutt's View with, as I SWAG it, 50 or so entries. Should take me the rest of the week to go through, but the synopsises (synopsi?) look like it could be an interesting week.
...

Dory has an update on Terri Schiavo. I am truly at a loss with this. It's been a while since I've felt so prompted to pray. Will probably blog about this later today.
...

Kristen posts again on cults and from my own personal experience with this particular group (first at the U of M and second with in-laws) I can vouch for much of what she's saying. It is a good thing to be filled with fervor for God; it's an area where, unfortunately, cults often outpace the orthodox church. However, controlling to this extent, and basing spirituality on a "quota" - a spiel I was given, that turned me off to the group soon after encountering it - is beyond harmful.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

That's interesting, Ron--how long ago?

R. Stewart said...

My first experience was, oh, '89 or so. A friend in my freshman seminar class at U of Minnesota got involved with the group.

More recently, we've found out that an uncle/aunt of my wife's are involved with the group in the Chicago area.