Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Trippin' again

Stuff from around my morning trip around the blogosphere...

Christian Carnival is up at Belief Seeking Understanding. There are 19 entries posted as of this writing, with another 26 promised soon...so check back, and enjoy the reading. Early favorites of mine are Dory's post at Wittenberg gate on the idolatry too many folks face nowadays, and Joe Missionary's introduction to Arminianism.
...

Nick Queen has another new blogger showcase, with three more bloggers for you to meet. I'm finding this to be a nice way to discover some blogs I'd not seen before.
...

Happy (belated) birthday to this week's Vox Apologia hostess. Hope it went well Amy!
...

Kristin has an Open Letter that I think would be worthy of a series in the future...not sure if I'll do it, but the role of women in the church is certainly an interesting question. Exegetical accuracy aside, the humility she models is of the sort I need to exercise more often my own self.
...

I'm hoping to attend the GodBlogCon but am not sure I'll be able to swing it. There are some things going on that may make it not only possible, but convenient. I guess we'll see whether God wants me there as much as I'd like to be there.
...

I'm suddenly happy about a 2005 Vikings move. Now we just hope this doesn't end up being a serious problem.

2 comments:

Not Crunchy said...

Oh my - I was quite shocked by Kristen's post and the following comments on women in the church. I would love to hear what you think about this.

R. Stewart said...

I think they should attend church, and often...I can recommend one for you, I'm sure;-)

I'll touch on it someday. As a father to two girls, it's an important area of thought. And one fraught with controversy...

But I'm not so sure there's not something good in being shocked...might be the cynic in me, but giving our preconceptions a good shakedown or examination once in a while can be a good thing.