Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Miscellaneous blog-related commentary

Looks like the MSM is starting to notice the popularity of blogging, at least here in the Twin Cities. Aside from a local paper's (seeming) running squabble with the Power Line guys, we have a Pioneer Press article talking about a few bloggers and Kare 11 news has teased an Extra segment for this Wednesday's 10:00 news focusing on bloggers. So far I'm not seeing a lot of in-depth understanding of the vagaries of the blogosphere, but at least it's something.
...

Speaking of blogs (how very metablog of me) I'm updating my blog roll with some more blogs I've come to read regularly. I highly recommend them all.
...

I've been perusing the entries to the Vox Apologia IV this morning. I recommend them all, but I especially commend Mr. Dumpling's entry.

I do have a few quibbles at various points with most of the entries. For instance, many of the "those who haven't heard cannot be saved" entries do not touch on the pre-NT saints in the Bible. By that logic, David, the man after God's own heart, would be condemned for eternity since he hadn't heard the Gospel - which is understandable since the incarnation/crucifixion/resurrection occured long after David died. If it's possible for the OT saints to find Heaven sans the NT, it should be possible for folks nowadays. Anyone has any thoughts on that, I'll be opening up my comments section for (hopefully polite) feedback.
...

Challies.com is giving away a couple of books each month. This month, the books are Reformation Study Bible (ESV) and The Holiness of God, autographed by author R.C. Sproul. Feel free to enter and poke around the site.
...

Next week's Vox Apologia is at Wittenberg Gate and the topic is: The Three Governments: Family, Church and State.
...

Hope your day is blessed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you?

R. Stewart said...

While I always welcome scripture postings in the comment section (the one above is Matt. 17:17) I would appreciate if the relevance would be posted? In this case, I'm not sure if it's a response to my beliefs that the OT saints were saved without the benefit of hearing the Gospel, or to my beliefs in general. As I do not wish to be considered faithless by my Savior, any assistance in clarifying or correcting my theology would be accepted gratefully.

Dave said...

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog :-)

I agree completely with your comments re the OT saints, obviously :-P

Anyway, nice to meet you and I hope to see you around.

God Bless,
Dave